Common Eyeshadow Smudge Methods
There are several ways to blend eyeshadow
Eyeshadows are usually smudged on the upper and lower eyelids, around the eyes and the end of the eyes. Through different color combinations, different smudging techniques, and the performance of eye shadow colors on different eye structures, various eye styles are created. Makeup, add the look and charm of the eyes.
Before applying eye shadow, you must know the two major makeup elements of eye shadow.
The first is a clean base makeup. No matter how beautiful your eyeshadow color is, the base makeup is the key element. If the base makeup is dull and dirty, then your eyeshadow effect will undoubtedly be compromised and there is no beauty. Of course, the cleanliness of the brush cannot be ignored, so that the color you want can be fully and clearly displayed.
The second is the sense of three-dimensionality and layering. The sense of three-dimensionality and layering are complementary. The three-dimensional effect can be achieved by highlighting the partial and multi-layered eye shadow matching, emphasizing the outline of the deep outline of the eye area, and the style is unlimited. For layering, one important point must be kept in mind. The color near the root of the eyelashes is always the darkest, which can create a deep effect of big eyes, and use different colors to bring out the natural softness of the eyes.
After understanding the makeup elements of eye shadows, let’s get to know the classification of eye shadow colors. Eyeshadow is also an extremely important contributor to the expression of the eye; you can understand it as common sense.
According to the function, it is mainly divided into structural colors, brightening colors, and decorative colors.
1. The structural color (that is, the shadow color) is a convergence color, which is generally used for areas that need to appear narrow, sunken, and should have shadows, such as the outer corner of the eye, swollen parts, double eyelid folds, etc. These colors are usually indicated Cool colors with low degrees, such as black and brown.
2. Bright color (i.e. bright color), as the name implies, refers to the color with high degree and metallic luster, such as white, beige, pearly pale pink and other whitish colors, which are generally used in areas that need to appear tall, full, and wide, such as outside the orbit. Margin, middle of eye and face, inner double eyelid fold, etc.
3. The decorative color (that is, the accent color) is to increase the eye color, express a clear meaning, and echo the overall shape color. It can be any color.
After getting to know the eyeshadow color, let’s enter the key part of today-the eye shadow smudge technique! Strictly speaking, there are many kinds of blending techniques of eye shadow, such as flat application, gradient method, three-dimensional blending method, segment method, European style eye shadow method, oblique technique, eye tail weighting method, and the gradient method can be fine. There are two types: vertical and horizontal. European style eyeshadow can also be divided into line style and shadow style. The segment method is also divided into two-stage and three-stage. It’s not a trivial matter to say it, some are more professional techniques. For us non-professionals, it is better to learn simpler and practical ones. Choose the most common ones among them. In this post, there is no mention of the eye shadow blending method of the lower eyelid. I feel that sometimes the transitional transition of the lower eyelid and the upper eyelid requires skill, otherwise, the effect of the drawing is unnatural, or even too thick, not necessarily suitable for novice mushroom cool and For daily makeup, there are mainly three types introduced today-flat coating method, gradation method (here is the vertical gradation method), three-dimensional smudge method, and eye-tail deepening method. These three methods are relatively practical, especially the first two are very suitable for novice mushroom cool, easy to use. The third three-dimensional blending method can be practised as an advanced method.
The first type-flat coating method.
Features: Gradient smudge of monochromatic eyeshadow; suitable for single eyelids and mushroom cool with better eye structure. The flat application method is generally based on the use of one eye shadow color, which is blended from the bottom of the eyelash roots with flat application. The flat coating method is generally suitable for single eyelids and eye shapes with a better structure of the eye itself, and is more used for light makeup. As a newbie in makeup, everyone loves and hates eye shadow. Especially when I have just started to use eyeshadow, I often worry about my poor technique and the wrong color selection, and I am especially afraid that it will be too exaggerated and uncomfortable after going out. You can refer to this flat coating method. Although there is only one color, the gradual blooming effect can also become colorful. This is also a relatively safe method. If you like light makeup, you can also try it. Pay attention to mushrooms with swollen eyes. If you really want to use this method, you should also choose darker shades and avoid choosing pearl eyeshadows.
Flat painting method: The eyeshadow has the darkest color near the roots of the eyelashes. It is gradually smudged upwards, becoming lighter and lighter, until it disappears, showing a clear gradual effect. The eye shadow area can be slightly larger. You can choose tones with higher brightness and bright colors.
1. Although it is a flat coating method, it must show a sense of layering. Don’t just wipe out a flat surface. It will not have the effect of gradual blurring.
2. The eye shadow color should also be selected to match your clothing and skin tone, so that it is not abrupt.
3. To avoid the opposite effect caused by the color being too heavy, pay attention to a small amount and many times.
The second type-gradient method (here introduced is the vertical gradient method).
Features: 2~3 eye shadow color combinations; eliminate eyelid puffiness, widen the distance between eyebrows and eyes. Gradation is a very three-dimensional painting method. Generally refers to matching with two eyeshadows of the same color first, and no more than three eyeshadow matching colors. The same color system and different shades are the key to the color selection of the gradation method. When painting, apply light colors first, then dark colors. The eye makeup created by this method is very three-dimensional, and it is also a common painting method. It should be noted that when two or more eye shadow colors are matched, special attention should be paid to the transition of intermediate colors, and there should be no excessively rigid boundaries.
Example of Gradation Method:
1. Dip the light color first, and apply the light color to the upper eyelid with a flat coating method. The eye shadow color will gradually become lighter from bottom to top.
2. Divide the part from the eyeliner to the eye socket into three equal parts. The eye shadow closest to the eyeliner has the darkest color, and gradually fades upwards. Then choose an eye shadow that is darker than the color in step 1 and draw the eye shadow in three equal parts from the root of the eyelashes. The principle is still from bottom to top, from deep to shallow. With different shades of color, you can draw eye makeup suitable for different occasions. It should be noted that there can be no obvious dividing line between the colors of each level, and the color transition should be natural. If you need to deepen the eye shadow color in the process of drawing the eye shadow, use the same method as mentioned above to paint the eye shadow, but also pay attention to the gradual transition, but the area of the eye shadow drawn in each equal part should be gradually reduced from light to dark.
Tips: This method is considered to be the most common and practical one, and the three-dimensional effect is much better than that of the flat coating method. Compared with other complicated eye shadow techniques, this one is very easy to use. When choosing eyeshadow, Novice Mushroom can choose eyeshadow boxes of 2 to 5 colors. Generally, such eyeshadow boxes are reasonable in color matching. The same color from light to dark is most suitable for this gradation method. The colors inside are free to choose any 2~3 kinds to describe the gradient eye shadow.
The third type-three-dimensional smudge method.
Features: shallow in the middle and deep on both sides; strong applicability and three-dimensional effect; higher makeup techniques are required. Three-dimensional blooming is a blooming method to enhance the three-dimensional effect of the eye. The middle is shallow and both sides are deep. ) To the upper (the area of the eye socket) from dark to light. Apply dark and dark colors to the hollows of the eyes and light bright colors to the protruding parts of the eyes. The blending of dark and bright colors should be natural and the transition between light and dark should be reasonable. According to the characteristics of the eye structure, choose a combination of dark and bright eyeshadows to reflect the three-dimensional effect through the change of color. Apply dark eyeshadow to the roots of the eyelashes and the outer corners of the eye sockets, and apply bright colors to the outer edges of the orbits and the middle of the upper eyes and face, and naturally transition with the dark structural colors, without obvious boundary lines.
Steps of three-dimensional blooming method:
1. Hit the highlight in the middle of the eyeball of the brow bone and upper eyelid
2. Draw the eye shadow from the bottom (the root of the eyelashes) to the top (the eye socket, which is the groove formed by the eyeball and the socket), deep and shallow.
3. Draw the eyeshadow radially from the inner corner of the eye and the outer corner of the eye to the middle of the eyeball to achieve the effect of deep on both sides and light in the middle
4. On the lower eyelid along the root of the lower eyelashes, draw an oblique triangle lower eye shadow from the outside to the inside. The length is two-thirds of the eye length. 5 Highlight the inside of the lower eyelid and bring it to the inner corner of the eye and Inside of upper eyelid
1. Pay attention to the swollen eyelids. The three-dimensional smudging method may make the eyes look more swollen, especially the highlight part will cause such problems.
2. Don’t throw it away after highlighting, just faint the skin on both sides a little, so that it will not be abrupt with the skin color.
3. Pay attention to the natural transition when blooming, don’t leave too obvious boundaries, it looks rigid and unesthetized.
The fourth-the method of adding weight at the end of the eye.
Features: Triangle at the end of the eye; suitable for Asians, double eyelids, drooping eye corners. The focus of the eye-tail enhancement method is to deepen the three-dimensional effect of the triangle area at the end of the eye, and create a profound and charming electric eye. The triangle at the end of the eye is the intersection of the upper and lower eyeshadows, deepening the creation of shadows, enlarging the eyes and enhancing the depth of the eyes.
Deepen the eye tail painting method: Start the base color of the eye shadow from the root of the eyelashes at the third of the eye tail to level the entire eyelid. Then dye the transition color from the root of the eyelashes horizontally to the oblique two-thirds of the entire eyelid. Finally, the aggravated color evenly dyes the back third of the entire eyelid.
Tips: You can integrate this painting method into other eye makeup techniques, but pay attention to the degree of smudging. The daily makeup is natural, so don’t apply too heavy makeup.